[nflug] Resizing Windows and Linux partitions on a dual boot notebook

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Mar 8 14:42:54 EST 2007

I'm just getting used to XP.  I thought I gave it plenty of disk space
to play with, but it promptly filled up 25GB of my 100GB drive.  I need
to give it some space (probably another 15GB) from my Linux partition
(the rest of the drive).

I think what I need to do is boot up a Linux livecd and use QTParted and
ntfsresize to fix things, but this is my primary computer with
everything on it and I need to get it right the first try.

I have an old knoppix liveCD (3.1 something) and a DSL liveCD which
isn't very current either.  Are they good enough, or do I need to get
something newer?

Can someone point me to or give me clear step-by-step instructions on
how to do this?

I'm on kubuntu dapper on a relatively new notebook pc.

TIA

Joe