[nflug] samba woes

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 14:28:40 EST 2007

I don't recommend webmin.  I don't like gui tools that hide what
they are doing, as it makes it much harder to fix problems.
Do you have an /etc/samba/smbusers file (username map paramter)
that is mapping windos usernames to samba users?  (this can be a
source of trouble if not setup correctly).

How many servers in your environment?  just this one?

If you have an NT domain, and all your users have access in one
form or another to all boxes, if would make sense to make the
machine a member of the domain and manage access centrally.

Without knowing how things are setup and supposed to work there. I
can't offer you a clean end all solution.

-- David J. Andruczyk