[nflug] Open File Backup

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com
Fri Mar 2 10:03:08 EST 2007

Hello All,

    I'm looking for a backup product that will allow me to backup files
that are currently in use, namely Lotus notes databases on a Domino
server running Linux. Traditionally I've been a full backup with TAR
type of guy, I don't have so much data where I've had to go incremental
(yet).
    I don't like the hassle of incremental backups, having to maintain a
database of tapes, ect. I like to throw it to a tape with tar, and know
it's there and that tape will work anywhere. However in my experience
Tar doesn't do so hot when the file is being changed while it's being
backed up. :)

    With that said I need a solution that will allow me to do a full
file system backup that has open file protection, however I'm looking
for something simple, I'm not looking to get into the backend database
scenario if I don't have to.

Thanks
Justin