[nflug] Adobe flash

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Jun 8 11:35:09 EDT 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> With the /tmp dir I can remove all the files in there?
> There is on called orbit keyring etc..
> --- "David J. Andruczyk" <djandruczyk at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Another issue with flash I find once in a great
>> while,
>> is that /tmp fills up and causes flash videos to
>> freeze,  crap out in the middle, or just generally
>> act in a "lets piss dave off" mood..
>>
>> In all cases it's cause /tmp is at 100%..  cleaning
>> that out,  solves the issue.
>>
>> --- anthonyriga <torrodimerda at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Im just gonna do a reinstall. Mplayer and flash
>>>
>> both
>>
>>> lock up FF. This is my work laptop win/ubuntu dual
>>> boot and I wanted to see how the upgrade would go
>>>
>> .
>>
>>> It
>>> went really fine other then the mplayer flash
>>> issues.
>>> One thing I noticed too is during the install the
>>> Ubuntu partition tool is not very friendly. I use
>>> gparted to create my partitions then do the
>>>
>> install.
>>
>>> When I used the one during the install it never
>>> wrote
>>> grub-install to (h,0).

>>> has

>>> the

>>> the

>> still

> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php

>>> Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with
>>> the added security of spyware protection.
>>>

> http://new.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/norton/index.php

>> -- David J. Andruczyk

You can but you should reboot right after, there is also some hidden
files in there you might want to get rid of.
I found that if you open something with tbird for ff and then quit tbird
or ff before quitting the app the might have fired up (say oo) with the
file open, it will keep the file in /tmp. Also, if ff should freeze and
you slam it down, same difference. My step mother has a habit of doing
things like this, and I always wondered, how she would end up with so
much crap in her /tmp. So my conclusion was/is, if the parent process
that started another process goes away first, it leaves things (files)
that the parent process started in /tmp.