[nflug] strange time problem

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Jul 21 13:55:18 EDT 2007

Hello all,
  If I set the date in my Linux system with "date 07210700" I set it to
7am today. I have the correct edt setting, /etc/timezone reads
"America/New_York", however the bios time is always 4 hours different.
Even if I set "hwclock --systohc", it's still a 4 hour difference.
Normally I wouldn't care if the bios time is off but this is a dual boot
and windows reads the bios clock and is then wrong. Any ideas on this? I
played with the utc setting but don't think it did anything, even so,
wouldn't utc make it a 6 hour difference? Ideas?