[nflug] squid reverse proxy SSL

justin.bennett at dynabrade.com justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Jul 13 15:53:28 EDT 2007

Hey Folks,

        I am trying to setup a reverse proxy, basically I have a web
service running on a server and I want to put it behind a squid reverse
proxy. The application is SSL encrpyted, I want the client (on the
internet) to go through SSL to the reverse proxy, then the reverse proxy
to go SSL to the web application (this is not neccesary since the proxy
and web server are on the same lan however it is currently setup this
way).

Here is my squid.conf

http_port 8888
httpd_accel_host 192.168.128.2
httpd_accel_port 443
httpd_accel_single_host on
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

when I do:
https://reveseproxy.xxx.xxx:8888

It just times out.

Is there a trick to get squid to do SSL?  I assume it's just expecting
http not https from the client to the reverse proxy?

Thanks
Justin

--
Justin Bennett