[nflug] entire hard drive copy

eric eric at bootz.us
Wed Jan 31 11:29:11 EST 2007

using knoppix or other cd running distro I can do the following to
create an image of the hard drive, and the deploy the image to other
computers doing the opposite correct?  And, would I have to use
something like QTParted to resize if the image is too small or too large
for the new hard drive?

"tar cf - /dev/hda | ssh DestinationServer dd of=/my-directory/my-hda-image"

:) I know this has been talked about, but I don't have the email
anymore, I bought a knoppix book but it's at home and doesn't talk about
the resizing of the image to fit or grow on different size hard drives
which I seem to remember being an issue?

Thank Eric