[nflug] KDE Panel AWOL

John G. Boice evrgreen at netsync.net
Mon Jan 29 20:43:49 EST 2007

David Mangani wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks so much for the tips! I was able to do the right click thing
> but I had the right click option disabled in the settings some where.
> To make a long story short.... I was able to add back the right click
> menu option, Once there I was able to "undo" the transparency
> settings. In fact I turned it and all other menu glitz off. Still no
> dice. My Kmenu ( bottom panel ) is gone. I guess I hosed it somehow.
> At least now I can access it with a right click though. hmmmm... I
> always seem to keep "fixing it" till it breaks. lol....
>
> Dave

Hi Dave. Glad to be of some help.

I'm curious though: Can you get into
system> system configuration [settings] > desktop > panels ?

You should be able there to see if your kmenu panel is hiding, to
specify which edge of the screen to which you want to dock it, and even
--in the unlikely event you somehow actually deleted the whole thing
--you can design a new one.

BTW, what distro & version of Linux are you running KDE on?

John