[nflug] KDE Panel AWOL

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 16:52:02 EST 2007

Hi all,

  I generally use gnome but decided to take a look at the 'newer" KDE
I think I d'loaded 3.5.5. Its the latest available thru Ubuntu's
repositories. Here is my question. I was playing around with
transparencies and such for the panel and now my panel is totally
gone. I have all of my desktop icons but I can not access any of the
applications, menu's or such. I'm not sure how to access the system
controls to reset the transparency option which obviously isn't
working right. Any ideas short of a reinstall of KDE? If I knew the
command for the "control center?" application I could start it from a
terminal.

TIA
Dave

--