[nflug] Flat Panel LCD Monitors

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:03:58 EST 2007

Here is a copy of that portion of my xorg config file. Hope there is
something useful in here.

Dave

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Geforce 6200"
	Driver		"nvidia"
	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Sceptre"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	24-82
	VertRefresh	50-75
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Geforce 6200"
	Monitor		"Sceptre"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1152x864"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		4
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1152x864"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		8
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1152x864"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		15
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1152x864"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		16
		Modes		"1680x1050" "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1280x800" "1152x864"
"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24

On 1/25/07, Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
> David Mangani wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using the DVI cable at a resolution of 1680x1050 ( looks fab! ).
> > I am currently running Ubuntu edgy and it simply worked with the DVI
> > cable. When I first connected the monitor using the analog cable I did
> > have to reset the resolution, but other than that I did rerun  "sudo
> > dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" The monitor was correctly identified
> > and the refresh rate and correct resolutions were picked up. It simply
> > "worked for me. Did you run the xserver reconfigure utility?

> >> the

> >> black

> >> works
> >> 19" or
> >> 5ms? Just
> >> Nvidia
> >> I look
> >> good or
> >> having used

> >> I knew

> >> I left this thread live cause I wanted to get a DVI cable myself and
> >> test it, or at least test it further because I have a strange, what must
> >> be, an X problem.
> >> Dave, what resolution are you using with the monitor on the DVI cable?
> >> My problem is, with an analog cable I can use 1680x1050 resolution just
> >> fine, looks fantastic. However, when I use the DVI cable, the max
> >> resolution I can use is 1400x1050! I've seen that there is 2 slightly
> >> different refresh rates for the analog vs digital on the monitor, using
> >> the specs right from the manu. When I use the DVI cable and try to do
> >> 1600x1050, the monitor just says out of range and when I'm ssh'd into
> >> the box to read the logs, the X log says all is well and doing
> >> 1600x1050! Any ideas what could be goin on here anyone? TIA
> >>

> I'm running Dapper, about to upgrade quickly. I ran the dpkg-reconfigure
> as well, same stuff. Can you have a peak in your x file or send me a
> copy of it so I can see what it set?
> I have some other boxes here that are running edgy with digital monitors
> and they are jammin. Thanks

Debian Linux/FC6/Sometimes Ubuntu.