[nflug] Flash player 9 firefox

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Jan 24 14:29:06 EST 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> Adobe flash 9 is available for download now. I
> installed it on Firefox Ubuntu. I have noticed though
> my firefox crashes alot and locks up my laptop. This
> started even before I updated flash. Does anyone have
> this issue with Firefox on Ubuntu getting lockups? I
> have heard also that Ubuntus version of FF is alot
> more buggier then the real version from the site. Does
> anyone know too if Adobe is going to put out a version
> of Shockwave flash player for linux? Everytime my son
> wants to play a game on shockwave.com he cant with
> Linux he has to boot into Win.

I use a website that would consistently crash the kubuntu dapper version
of FF.  I have never had this problem with the versions obtained
directly from mozilla.

On the open office users list, I have seen many posts from people having
problems with versions of OOo included in various distros.  The
resolution is almost always to get the real thing directly from them.
So, this sort of issue is common to a number of distros and applications.

Joe