[nflug] MySQL transactions

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Thu Jan 18 10:19:09 EST 2007

The Buster wrote:
> Can someone elaborate on this topic? Someone around here was ripping on
> mysql because it has "limits on the amount of transaction per second" it
> can do, and is therefore inferior to blah blah blah. Thanks, Jesse

While I don't know of a hard limit set for the amount of transactions
MySQL can run per second, I'm sure the developers of MySQL put one in
(and it would make sense that every other RDBMS has a limit as well).
However, in 10 years of using MySQL, we have never hit any limit.  The
only limit I've ever hit in MySQL is a 4Gb table (which was easily
remedied).  Most of the time, when people try to 'rip' on something,
it's because they're a fanboi of a competing something.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)
jnichel at dotcomholdingsofbuffalo.com