[nflug] laugh or cry?

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 3 16:01:36 EST 2007

Ken Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 07:57 -0500, eric wrote:
>
>>I thought it this was very entertaining, I love stuff like this, it's
>>like Borat
>

> Yeah, Shelley's stuff has been around for a while now.  I can't decide
> if it's more fun reading that stuff or watching the fallout amongst
> various mailing lists I'm on when other people see it.
>
> Sometimes I think attempts at sarcasm truly are a waste of time these
> days...  It's definitely an under-appreciated (or more often a
> mis-understood...) art form...  :-)

I don't know. I kept poking around looking for ANYTHING to tip me off
that it was satire, but eventually came away convinced that shelley (or
whoever) was just one MORE king hell looney.

Maybe, since it's impossible that any thinking person could truly think
tcp/ip is a commie plot, that's supposed to be the tip off?

Satire could be appreciated more readily when the general public was not
quite so blindingly stupid, I think. "These days" it's difficult to tell
who's kidding, when the whole game is a blatant farce.

imho, naturally, ;-),
S.