[nflug] HD Scan

Roelant Ossewaarde rao3 at buffalo.edu
Tue Jan 2 14:45:01 EST 2007

Just chipping in: it's time to buy a new drive. Modern IDE-drives are
good enough to work around disk errors without any software
intervention from the OS. Once the disk starts complaining about
failures, it's really on its way out. Don't trust anything that says
'your disk is healthy and OK now'. I have never, ever, seen a disk
that was repaired by some program, whether it's *nix or Windows, and
worked fine afterwards.

Happy 2007!

Roelant.