[nflug] Ubuntu edgy mplayer plugins

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 20:54:41 EST 2007

Anyone have a good step by step tutorial that installs
all the codecs wmv etc to play with Mplayer plugin? It
seems everytime I setup new ubuntu pc I have to fight
every time to get mplayer to play cnn page codecs etc.
I dont do  many installs and probably should have
documented what I did to get the last system setup and
working but after following the hundreds of ways to
install the plugin the Ubuntu way using Automatix it
just seems to never work right. Cnn never plays or it
sits and hangs saying connecting. Any good help in not
wasting my time would be great!

Sent Using Ubuntu Linux Operating System Edgy 6.10