[nflug] vmware player bsod

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 15 01:35:13 EST 2007

Indeed, the bsod does talk about new hard drives, which would mean IDE,
but I've never actually had to toy with IDE drivers before so I'm a bit
lost. I'm in the vmware profile, on the driver tab of the Primary IDE
Channel Properties window and I see buttons for Driver Details, Update
Driver, Roll Back Driver, and Uninstall. I see two drivers in the driver
details window (C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys and
C:\WINDOWS\System32\storprop.dll), but I can't do much with them from
here. Update doesn't sound right for this, and I have nothing to roll
back to. Where might I find the generic drivers? A different window? Do
I just uninstall and log out before it goes looking for the hard drive
again? That would seem to negate the bootable vmware profile, however.

Thanks,
S.