[nflug] Streaming Media Servers

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 10 09:03:20 EST 2007

I been working on a media server also. Icecast with
theora should work for you. If anyone is interested in
doing a call in tech show or streaming the meetings
let
me know. We're looking for content.

--- Justin Bennett <Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.com>
wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
>     I'm looking for a recommendation on streaming
> media servers. I have
> a standard linux/apache web server and we're looking
> to do some
> streaming media, mostly WMV files or something of
> the sort. I think I
> can make Apache do this by using a .m3u text file,
> but I'm looking for
> something more enterprise quality, it doesn't have
> to be free, but
> secure and reliable.
>
> Thanks
> Justin
>
> > begin:vcard
> fn:Justin Bennett
> n:Bennett;Justin
> org:Dynabrade Inc.;IT Department
> adr;dom:;;8989 Sheridan Dr;Clarence;NY;14031
> email;internet:Justin.Bennett at Dynabrade.Com
> title:Network Administrator
> tel;work:716-631-0100
> x-mozilla-html:TRUE
> url:http://www.dynabrade.com
> version:2.1
> end:vcard

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi