[nflug] DD-WRT

Robert Wolfe robert at niagara-panux.com
Sun Dec 30 12:56:49 EST 2007

On Sat, December 29, 2007 11:15 pm, Jeff Brignon wrote:

> I tried installing the dd-wrt firmware on a linksys wrt54g v7 using the
> vkkiller solution and now the router blinks and thats it. I would be very
> careful updating that version. Linksys decided that with v7 and v8 to
> reduce
> the amount of ram in it so the full version of the dd-wrt firmware will
> not
> fit and a mini version is required and a lot of other stuff that can make
> you a 50 dollar brick (like i have now). So upgrade at your own risk.

I did the upgrade using the vxkiller solution last night and used the mini
version of dd-wrt and have not had any problems.  I do like the 'enhanced'
port forwarding setup -- much much much better than the 'default' Linksys
version that is available in their firmware.

Regarding what you said above in your message, where can one find a pre-v7
version of this particular router?