[nflug] DD-WRT

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 10:48:57 EST 2007

I use X-wrt, a version of openwrt. Works great. I've
put in on linksys and asus routers. I run my asterisk
and a print server off it for home. It's as easy as
tftp put command. Nice thing about X-wrt it give you a
nice web based frontend to iptables, so routing and
firewalling are a breeze. Check it out here
http://x-wrt.org/
If you can still ping the router then you can install
open wrt. Try the reset button.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads%2Frelease+candidates/

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/release%20candidates/DD-WRT%20v24%20RC6.1/Broadcom/Linksys/WRT54G_v8/VXWorks%20Killer%20WRT54Gv8/flashing.txt

> > On Dec 29, 2007, at 4:53 PM, Robert Wolfe wrote:

> wrt54G[S] and some are less-
> the hardware
> version you have.
> > >
> > > Ok, I have version 8, which, unfortunately, is
> not on that listing :(
> > > Which sucks, to be quite honest.  But, oh well,
> guess we all can't
> > > have
> > > our cake and eat it to :)
> > >
> > > Thanks again for the tip!  That's the best
> answer I've gotten since I
> > > bought the router :)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi