[nflug] Offtopic: Read at your own peril.

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Fri Dec 7 14:50:50 EST 2007

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:33:15 -0500
"Brad Bartram" <brad.bartram at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all the help guys.  As always, whenever I beat my head against a
> wall, I know someone on this list can usually recommend something.

That being said, can anyone help me with my Adaptec controller problem? :)  Been on the phone on hold with them for about 45 minutes now :(

Since the particular servers in question run Debian 4.0r1, I thought I would post the question here.

Basically, these servers run one 2-ch Adaptec 2930SLP SCSI controller, with 4 drives on each channel.  The drives on these servers are arranged in the following fashion:

			4 5 6 7
			0 1 2 3

When anything is pulled from any slot other than 0 or 4, the drives pulled rebuild/resync properly.  However, when anything is pulled from slot 0 or 4, the drive error light comes on.

These controllers have all been upgraded to the latest firmware as have the motherboards in these servers.  All servers are running (as of this posting) the latest kernel.

TIA for any help anyone can provide.
--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>