[nflug] Offtopic: Read at your own peril.

Brad Bartram brad.bartram at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 13:33:15 EST 2007

Believe it or not, I'm finding that creating the VM is a little easier.
VMWare makes a nice little utility for making a virtual machine out of a
harddrive image.  It's called VMware-converter - and it's free.

If the machine is running, just fire up this app and set it up to do its
thing using the wizard.  The vm gets created.

We did it once with the full laptop drive, which turned into a performance
nightmare because of all the crap he runs - it is a windows laptop afterall,
but it booted right away.  We decided it would be best to remove some of the
startup stuff and then do a reimage.  We popped the old harddrive into a new
laptop, fired up the os, ran the vmware software, and voila - problem
solved.

BTW - I am very impressed with vmware fusion.  If you run a mac, I would
recommend you think about it for virtualization needs.

Thanks for all the help guys.  As always, whenever I beat my head against a
wall, I know someone on this list can usually recommend something.

Brad