[nflug] firefox configuration problems

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Dec 7 07:52:00 EST 2007

That is the latest version of Firefox in the repos for Ubuntu Feisty, so
why have you changed to run a separate install in /opt? Your runnning
kbuntu feisty right?
Directory and file permissions are preventing those options as I doubt
you as a user are the owner of those files or at least have no write
permissions.
If your running Ubuntu, simply enable the update-manager in your
sessions and if and when there are updates for Firefox or anything else
for that matter, it will tell you and then show you what it's going to
do, then ask for your sudo password and take care of it all for you.