[nflug] Time Warner broadband problem

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 08:45:44 EDT 2007

Does anyone live near Hertel ave main st area
experiencing problems with there TW internet
connections. Mine has been intermittent for the last
week and cant depend on it. After calling TW 4 times
because they told me tier2 support  were too busy and
45 minute average was the hold time. Going through the
reboot modem computer with tier 1, then getting tier 2
to do the same then asked me to reinstall my nic card
by trying to run me through some start>run procedure
windows of course. When I told him I was using Linux
he said "we dont support Linux". I finally got someone
to come out and look at the cable lines and test
signals the wens 5-7pm. I tried telling the 2nd level
that the traceroutes had some drops when hitting TW
routers. Im no expert in networking and was not
telling him how to do his job just trying to make both
our lives simpler specially mine by seeing if there
was a routing issue or a configuration provision.
Seems sometimes their blame is either the OS or the
nic card. Just frustrated with TW.