[nflug] Drivers for Linksys WUSB11v4 USB Wireless Network Adaptor

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Aug 26 09:04:45 EDT 2007

I probably have worked with that particular one but for all I can say
this. I first try native Linux drivers, which for the most part with
wireless are still buggy as hell, need firmware you thats hard to find,
etc.. So, I have gotten very used to ndiswrapper and love it. I don't
really give a rats ... if it's not a native driver, as long as it works,
works reliably and can do the wep/wpa stuff. So my usual course of
action is, install the wireless nic in windows and see where the *.sys
file is (look at the driver details in windows), then also find the
related *.inf file (that can be more of a challenge, but you'll find
it). Mount the windows partition in Linux (usually do dual boots so this
is no problem), but if you don't have a windows install to use to get
the files, grab them from the ndis wiki or from the manu site. Install
the tar version of the latest ndiswrapper. Copy the *.sys and *.inf file
into a folder on Linux and from within the folder where the 2 files sit
run, ndiswrapper -i *.inf. Then run ndiswrapper -m, this will
automatically create the alias file for you so it loads on boot (btw,
this works for both Fedora and Ubuntu). Then make sure you have network
manager installed for Gnome (I imagine that would work for KDE as well)
and have it fire up in you session, voila! Couldn't get any easier to use.