[nflug] Recommendations - HTML / PHP IDE

Roelant Ossewaarde rao3 at buffalo.edu
Mon Aug 20 14:05:00 EDT 2007

If you handcode anyway, why would you need an IDE?

I have more than 10 years experience in web-development, and I have
never found anything that can beat the trusty combination of a good
editor (I use Emacs on Unix and TextMate on my Mac) and a good
browser (Firefox / Safari). I use xmllint to verify that my HTML
actually is valid. With the right packages, Emacs and TextMate are
both as powerful as any IDE I've ever seen.

Have you tried any of those? You'll be surprised how easy they make
the job...