[nflug] IT Inventory Management

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Tue Aug 7 10:55:57 EDT 2007

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good IT inventory management
solution.  When we were just 5 people, and 6 computers, the legal pad
worked fine for me.  However, almost 20 people and a few extra servers
later, it just isn't cutting it anymore.  I'm looking for something
which can track systems, software installed, peripherals, etc.  Open
source preferred (free or otherwise), but not necessary.  Must run on
Linux, or have a web based interface.  Auto updating agents would be
nice, but with our hodge-podge of custom built and pre-built systems, as
well as different OS's, this may not be possible.

--
John C. Nichel IV
System Administrator (ÜberGeek)
john at kegworks.com