[nflug] Ubuntu no sound 7.04

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Apr 26 09:58:14 EDT 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> This is my lsmod list attached. It looks like the
> sound modules are there,
> --- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
>

>> anthonyriga wrote:
>>
>>> DO I just need to setup ssh server on ubuntu to
>>>
>> access
>>
>>> it without a router?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> now

>> Brighthouse

>> other

>> have

>> he

>> the

>> I believe it's on by default.

It's not going to just go away but if you do a dmesg, you'll probably
see it bitching about it somewhere. The problem one I had was the same
snd_hda_intel chipset. rmmod that and modprobe it back in, check dmesg
after to see if it complains about anything, rmmod and modprobe until it
doesnt bitch, then he'll probably have sound. This is not a permanent
solution, won't survive a reboot, just merely ruling out the problem. If
it is the problem, try a newer kernel. Or if this is onboard, send him a
cheapo pci sound card and have him pop it in, walk him through the bios
to disable the onboard one and it should (Linux) pick up the new one
automatically.