[nflug] Ubuntu no sound 7.04

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 15:56:32 EDT 2007

A few months ago I setup dual boot windows ubuntu for
my stepfather in Tampa, Fl. He has been 100% using
Ubuntu with no problems.And love it!  He did do an
upgrade to 7.04 and things have been working fine
until this morning when he said al the sudden he has
no more sound. The sound works in windows. I walked
him though making sure the volume control in the panel
was not muted and its not. He tried the rebooting too
no luck. Any good troubleshooting suggestions? Hes in
FL and is novice user . Anything I can have him do to
check?