[nflug] You qualify as a Dinosaur if ...

Len Thornton len at lenthornton.com
Wed Apr 18 17:02:54 EDT 2007

Okay, have to chime in here.

BASIC and APL on a 110 baud printer terminal connected to Erie BOCES is where it all began for me.

Then it was writing tank games on 24x80 character TRS-80s.  Home was a VIC-20.

And, like many others, I spent many a night camped out at Ridge Lea campus submitting my FORTRAN decks and debugging.  The Cyber 370 was all we had.  Later, some DEC PDP-11's were added to the department and we used YACC (Yet Another Compiler Compiler).  That was fun...

Kids today don't realize how easy they have it.

Len Thornton
Info Service Support