[nflug] Sending System Logs with Sendmail Off

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Apr 13 08:36:40 EDT 2007

As long as you have one mail server listening on smtp in your network
you do not need to have sendmail running in daemon mode on any other
system. You need to set the DS, DR, and DH options in sendmail.cf,
possibly other config files. I haven't run sendmail in years because
postfix rocks so I might be missing something.

justin.bennett at dynabrade.com wrote:

> Hey Folks,
>
>         I'm sure I should know the answer to this one, but can't seem to
> figure it out. I have a Redhat 4 server that is running Lotus
> Domino/Notes, and thus needs to bind to port 25. So I have sendmail
> turned off, My system log emails won't get sent though because sendmail
> is not running.
>
>  How can I get this running? If I tell sendmail to forward to an
> outgoing SMTP server can I get it not to bind to port 25?
>
> Thanks
> Justin
>

> --
> Justin Bennett