[nflug] Gimp/Adobe port to Linux

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Wed Sep 20 18:17:51 EDT 2006

Hi Anthony,

While reading over the vmware thread, it occurred to that there may be
another option:

Wine.

Wine will not work as well the vmware solution but it might work well enough
while you get the bugs shaken out of the vmware solution and might be good
enough to provide to one or two more sophisticated users. Who knows, it
might just work well enough for you that you can dispense with the extra
labor and licensing cost of the vmware solution.

Here is the Code weavers Cross over office entry for Photoshop 7.0:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=8

And the WineHQ entry:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1336

I've chosen Photoshop 7 to search for as that is the last version that Adobe
made for the mac platform (Adobe Photoshop CS2 is Windows only afaik).

HTH,

Sam S.