[nflug] FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 is now available

Wolfe, Robert robert at net261.com
Wed Nov 29 09:47:02 EST 2006

On Tue, November 28, 2006 11:09 am, Ken Smith said:

> On Fri, 2006-11-24 at 07:11 -0500, Wolfe, Robert wrote:
>> FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 is now available
>> Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
>> Fri Nov 17 14:51:10 UTC 2006

>> We have now reached the Release Candidate stage of the FreeBSD 6.2
>> release cycle.  A few significant problems had been discovered during
>> the initial BETA testing and those issues should now be fixed.  RC1 is
>> the first of two planned Release Candidate builds.  If no more
>> significant problems are reported 6.2-RELEASE builds will be done after
>> RC2.
>
> [ Snip... ]
>
> Sometimes it gets scary where things I type wind up... :-)

<LOL>  *waves*  Did not realize you were a member of the mailing list :)

I installed 6.2rc1 under VMWare on my Windows XP Pro box at home.  It's
funny to see an icon on my desktop saying "FreeBSD" with the little
FreeBSD devil :)  So far, I like what I am seeing :)  I downloaded the
November release of 7.0.  It works, but so far 6.0rc1 has been working
very well for me in its current setup.

I have an additional Sun U5 at home to play with that currently has Ubuntu
on it, but MIGHT consider putting the Sparc version of FreeBSD 6.2rc1 on
it.

The only issue I am having now is getting KDE to load instead of the blah
looking fvwm.  Any ideas? :)

Finally, I have set up a FreeBSD message board at
http://net261.ath.cx:85/smf/ in case you'd be interested in giving a visit
:)

Thanks for the response to my posting. :)

--
Robert Wolfe, Linux and Network Admin
net261.com | http://www.net261.com:85
robert at net261.com