[nflug] Recovering Deleted Files with the lsof command

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Nov 17 13:22:17 EST 2006

vlok stone wrote:
> Hi all, I came across this today and thought everyone
> might want to bookmark this one.
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/10/30/1652211
> I know I could of used this when removing a program's
> bin/ folder I accidentally put a / before bin. Very
> Bad!! My work around wasn't pretty. It always seems
> like
> an eternity when your mind says no but the commands
> are
> already being executed by your fingers!!Nooooooooooooo..
>
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
> - Mohandas Gandhi

I always thought the most dangerous command line you could have in your
shells history is "rm -rf *", cause ya know when your bangin away at
some project and using the shells history to speed things up, that your
gonna some day change directories to say um "/" and then hit that above
command by accident.....ouch