[nflug] ubuntu 6.10 works great

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Nov 8 23:55:44 EST 2006

Cyber Source wrote:
> anthonyriga wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded and writing this email using ubuntu
>> live cd. I will have to say it works great. Im using
>> my work Toshiba tecra m3 wireless PRO/Wireless 2200BG
>> and didnt have to load drivers for anything even
>> wireless works out of box. All power mgt stuff works
>> too. Looks like I will for sure making switch from
>> Fedora. Since this is my work laptop I will make
>> backup of Windows and will be adding Ubuntu as my
>> second dual boot.

> ntfsresize will work perfect for making room on that laptop for the real
> OS ;)

I'll keep that in mind too.

I'm (sort of) running dual boot Dapper and XP Media Edition.  I like it
so far, but after Mandrake, it's a little hard getting used to the no
super user orientation it has by default.
The blinking thing won't let me into cups admin to add a printer and I
know what the only password I set is!

My simplest problem is that Linux seems to mount NTFS partitions read-only.
So ... what's the easiest way to create a small Fat32 partition that
both systems can write to?  Most of the (big) HD is allocated to Linux,
so that's where the space will come from - no need to resize the Widoze
partitions.

Joe