[nflug] BPLUG Meeting Tomorrow! Tuesday, May 9

Len Thornton len at lenthornton.com
Mon May 15 15:49:05 EDT 2006

Mark,

  I enjoyed the presentation last week on Apache optimizing.  Finally getting around to making some changes...

  I tried to turn on server-status, but it won't work.  Getting an  Access Forbidden 403 error.  I'm sure there is another parameter  that is preventing it.  Maybe something to do with my Deny on all  subfolders unless explicitly Allowed?

  Also, I want to allow it to work on any virtual host.  Can I use wildcards in this section?:

  <Location /server-status>
      SetHandler server-status
      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from "lockportlocks.com"
  </Location>

  Or do I just say "Allow from all" ?  Any security risks with doing this?

  Can you take a quick look at my httpd.conf when you get a chance?  Thanks.

  Len

  P.S.   Suggestion for future meetings:  "Mail Server Security and Spam  Filtering and Prevention".  I was able to setup Poprelay on my  Sendmail server last week to enforce POP before SMTP verification and  allow full outgoing mail access from any ISP connection.

Len Thornton

Office: (716) 778-9376
Cell: (716) 553-9240