[nflug] Why not Buffalo????

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Sun May 7 15:28:12 EDT 2006

With as much snow and rain Buffalo gets, the connectivity would be
terrible due to being blocked by water soaked/snow covered trees,
buildings or whatever my interfere with wireless signals. In order to
circumvent that, you'd need powerful signal boosters or dishes emitting
the wireless signal, and anyone near the equipment would have a nice
continuously boiling cup of coffee ;)

Just ask Netsync Internet Services about their business oriented
wireless outfit in Dunkirk... some of the dishes they had when I worked
for them were great, but they often got interrupted by snow, rain, and
trees that had any amount of moisture on them.

That's just my opinion on it based on my experience with wireless
Internet though.

  Tony Evans
  Phoenix Wing Interactive
  johnseth at phoenixwing.com