[nflug] Adaptec StorMan Software - Need solution

Roelant Ossewaarde rao3 at buffalo.edu
Wed May 3 11:52:06 EDT 2006

Do you have access to the sendmail-server? Maybe you can rewrite the
address via sendmail rules *before* it is checked to be valid for the
MAIL FROM:-address to something like raid@
(whateverthethingfillsinhere)? Probably part of ruleset 3.

Alternative solution 2:
 From http://www.wkeys.com/articles/swol/Apr_99.html:

"accept_unqualified_senders
By default, if the sender's address isn't fully qualified, sendmail
will refuse the connection. For example:

mail from:
553 ... Domain name required
Use of this feature overrides the default so the connection will be
accepted.

Advantage: I recommend always using fully qualified addresses.
However, on an internal mail gateway, you may not be able to control
how the other local systems send you mail, and this will allow you to
accept mail with unqualified sender addresses.
Disadvantage: You lose some ability to track where mail is coming
from. Don't use this on a firewall."

(this refers to a spam-control flag in sendmail configuration)

If you can adequately lock off the mailserver so that it only accepts
unqualified senders for this domain (either through sendmail rulesets
or magic), I would probably trust it.