[nflug] BPLUG Meeting Next Week! Tuesday, May 9

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue May 2 15:22:36 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that next week, Tuesday May 9th, we will have our monthly
BPLUG meeting.

Topic: Tuning and Optimizing LAMP Systems

Date: Tuesday, May 9th

Time: 6:00pm-9:00pm

Location: The PCA Group

   Airport Commerce Park

   455 Cayuga Road, Suite 200

   Buffalo, NY 14225-1309

Overview:

      Tuning Linux, Apache, PHP, and Database servers are critical needs in
today's environments. This meeting will discuss actual techniques and
optimizations in order to ensure the highest performance of your systems,
whether they be static web servers, dynamic web solutions, or application
servers.

Some specific topics that will be covered:

      Apache MPM vs MTM paradigms

      Static vs Dynamic needs

      PHP Optimizations

      Mysql Optimizations

      Separate web/db server needs vs combined server needs

      Postgres Optimizations

      Persistent DB connections vs Pooled vs Standard DB connections

      Overcoming apache limits

      Linux Operating system limits and optimizations

As usual, please send an RSVP via email to me so that I can make sure enough
food and seats are provided.

Thanks!

-Mark