[nflug] dns setup questions learning

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 09:10:30 EST 2006

I have been using dynamic dns but want to learn bind
dns setup found good tutorial on internet but have few
questions. This dns is on an ubuntu box that I started
to setup. Does there have to be a slave server to host
the reverse zone records or can it be on the same box?
Whn setting up the SOA in the db.local wht address do
I use for the A records and master server? Do I use my
adelphia dns address or my local nat 192 numbers? I
just want to use local dns for speed then external dns
for failure. How do I tell if the dns is working? Do I
do dig command.