[nflug] meeting topics?

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Mar 17 10:45:55 EST 2006

Richard Hubbard wrote:
> I can talk 'bout  dns, if someone has taken a look at the new changes
> at vmware, that would be cool too..
>
> anthonyriga wrote:
>> Any topics for the meeting yet ? Pete had a
>> suggeestion of ghost and wmware. Also I was think too
>> maybe a dns setup. Just a thought.

Nothing new with vmware actually, I was mentioning to Anthony how you
could take a physical existing windows install/drive/partition and ghost
it into a vmware session. I have done this with 98, NT, 2K and can't
remember if I have done this with xp (it might bork on the hardware
ID's, but you could probably get around this too). The cool thing about
that is if you have created a vmware session then, you could take it
from pc to pc without problem as windows running in vmware is hardware
transparent, then there are many many options. This of course would be
interesting only to those that actually want to run windows ;)