[nflug] sleuth kit and NSRL database

Your Name eric at bootz.us
Tue Mar 7 14:56:14 EST 2006

thanks  I'm pretty sure that the NSRL tools are for law enforcement
searching for specific content where as I will just be recovering lost
data on damaged discs.

Along with sleuth kit you can install autopsy a web based gui.  The
tools seem to be what I have been looking for, for recovering lost data.