[nflug] A modest proposal

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 3 05:17:18 EST 2006

I have a thought/idea that could be helpful to the group, and I am
floating it to see if anyone is interested.
I teach at ITT Technical institute.  ITT is a 2 year technical training
school which, in NY, teaches networking, programming, multimedia
development and CAD.  (no, we don't have all the stuff you see on the
commercials.  NYS has to approve those extra curricula)
One of the things we are tasked to do  is community involvement.  One
thing we can do is provide a meeting place for NFLUG for a monthly
meeting.  We have several classrooms with computers (windows installed),
internet connectivity, a XWindow Client box with X servers on all the
windows boxen (which will allow us to do linux on all the machines even
if windows is the primary os) and projectors /whiteboards for anyone to
give a talk.
I've already cleared this with my immediate supervisors, and want to
know if anyone is interested.
(Bob might be, if for no other reason, so that someone else will have to
open up the doors on a sunday!)

Let me know
Richard Hubbard