[nflug] Apache/Tomcat Question

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 09:51:11 EDT 2006

  Use an enterprise application. i.e. don't ask your local LUG, ask the
enterprise vendors..

The first one that pops into my head is IBM's websphere. (only because
of the 40+ servers I support most run it with oracle for all their web
stuff) and this is a large worldwide  "enterprise" level site. Aside
from that I don't know much about websphere. (I support the boxes, not
the customer apps)

--- joshj at linuxmail.org wrote:

> Sing now while you can. Sure perl makes that little stuff easier. But
> when
> you're writing enterprise applications you can't use a toy like that.
> And
> you want to talk about Scalable? I'd love to see you scale your hippy
>
> programs across multiple servers!
>
> Love
>    -Josh
>
> > Well i'm sure you're java solution will be scalable and enterprise
> > ready enough to allow you plenty of time to fix your tie while you
> > reassess your paradigm for a more proactive approach.
> >
> > On 6/26/06, joshj at linuxmail.org <joshj at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> >>  Don't give me that "right tool for the job" malarky you freakin
> Perl
> >>  hippy. Go back to the commune with all the other Perl, PHP, and
> Python
> >>  programmers.

Dave J. Andruczyk