[nflug] Lotus notes for Linux

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 12:19:16 EDT 2006

As most here have stated - Wine only. No native client - we've been yammering for years.  BUt if you use the inotes template you can use any web browser to view mail.  Now with the direction IBM is headed everything is designed to be web enabled so IBMs answer is often (subtextually) your web browsert is your linux client.  You can also use web admin to administer.

I am a Domino admin by trade and a linux user by choice - I used to run client in Wine but never got printing working correctly- this was some time ago but I've never reexplored - I use inotes and web enabled apps mostly now.  Still have Windows laptop to do all my real admin work since I need flawless running client/admin/designer to make sure I can get job done :-)

JJN