[nflug] Verizon DSL

robert at net261.com robert at net261.com
Sat Jun 17 00:21:35 EDT 2006

On 6/16/2006 10:29 PM, nflug at nflug.org wrote to ROBERT WOLFE:

-> Hi all
->     I was looking for some input into using Verizon DSL with linux and
-> also using it with a wired router. I have a windows box and a linux
-> box I'd like to share this DSL line with. I am currently on adelphia
-> using a wired router. I'd like to keep my hardware( router) and simply
-> exchange the cable for the DSL. Is DSL linux friendly? Will it work
-> with an off the shelf netgear router? Any input is welcome.

Dave, stay with Adelphia.  I tried Verizon before coming to work for Adelphia
and then switched to cable shortly thereafter.  Much happier.  I mean you
can feel free to do what you want to, but I have to admit, Adelphia is much
more Linux friendly in my opinion.

- Robert Wolfe
- Sysop, Net261.com BBS & Net261 Internet
- Sloan, NY
- http://www.net261.com:82
- Read & Write To the NFLUG Mailing List via Web Browser!
  Visit http://www.net261.com:82 today and sign up!