[nflug] Meeting this saturday, June 17 2006, 1:30pm at ITT

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 11:36:34 EDT 2006

--- Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:

> hubbardr at adelphia.net wrote:
> > There's no hockey game this Saturday, so i'm sure lot's of people
> can come to the meeting
> >
> > There are a couple of things we may be able to do at ITT, and we
> may be able to do it this month, or at the latest, next month.
> >
> > We just switched the hard drives in all our computers to SATA.  So
> far, no big deal, but we have some of the old machines still hanging
> around.  These machines have removable hd bays, where it is a simple
> matter to swap hard drives in a machine.  We also have extra drive
> bays.  What this means, is that either this month or next month, we
> will be able to pass out the drive bays, and the drive enclosures.
> This way, you can set up a linux box at home, and instead of bring in
> the entire box, just remove the hd, and slip it into one of the
> machines we have. (linux doesn't seem to have a problem with radical
> hw changes between boots)
> >
> > There is also the matter of what do we want to talk about... I have
> a couple of ideas, but if someone has something they want to discuss,
> then we can do that for a topic.
> >
> > No word on food.  This may be a little short notice.
> >
> > let me know what you want..
> >

> I would vote for an asterisk meeting. I could bring a box, have
> asterisk
> installed, have an account ready to go, etc.. I can't make heads or
> tails of all the different asterisk at home releases and the docs that
> aren't relevant to said releases. I know all the configs are under
> /etc/asterisk but as far as setting up extensions, trunks! This is
> when
> the WTF's!!!! start to fly.
>   I know we have done asterisk meetings before but they never really
> got
> off the ground. I would imagine Kevin (vlok stone) to be the most
> learned asterisk user on the list but I could be wrong. Would you be
> able to make the meeting Kevin?

I'm also intersted in asterisk,  though I had a little more luck than
pete and managed to get mine working yesterday (Broadvoice VoIP BYOD
plan)  The problem is I WORK on saturdays and I NEVER have any free
time on saturdays.  Sundays or weekday evenings are the only times I
can manage free time for meetings.

--

Dave J. Andruczyk