[nflug] Meeting this saturday, June 17 2006, 1:30pm at ITT

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Jun 14 10:09:29 EDT 2006

hubbardr at adelphia.net wrote:
> There's no hockey game this Saturday, so i'm sure lot's of people can come to the meeting
>
> There are a couple of things we may be able to do at ITT, and we may be able to do it this month, or at the latest, next month.
>
> We just switched the hard drives in all our computers to SATA.  So far, no big deal, but we have some of the old machines still hanging around.  These machines have removable hd bays, where it is a simple matter to swap hard drives in a machine.  We also have extra drive bays.  What this means, is that either this month or next month, we will be able to pass out the drive bays, and the drive enclosures.  This way, you can set up a linux box at home, and instead of bring in the entire box, just remove the hd, and slip it into one of the machines we have. (linux doesn't seem to have a problem with radical hw changes between boots)
>
> There is also the matter of what do we want to talk about... I have a couple of ideas, but if someone has something they want to discuss, then we can do that for a topic.
>
> No word on food.  This may be a little short notice.
>
> let me know what you want..

I would vote for an asterisk meeting. I could bring a box, have asterisk
installed, have an account ready to go, etc.. I can't make heads or
tails of all the different asterisk at home releases and the docs that
aren't relevant to said releases. I know all the configs are under
/etc/asterisk but as far as setting up extensions, trunks! This is when
the WTF's!!!! start to fly.
  I know we have done asterisk meetings before but they never really got
off the ground. I would imagine Kevin (vlok stone) to be the most
learned asterisk user on the list but I could be wrong. Would you be
able to make the meeting Kevin?