[nflug] Disk Image/Restore (Not thread related ! :-)

David J. Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 10:24:01 EDT 2006

--- JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oh and by the way I applied for a Linux admin position here in Austin
> Texas.  Bank of America apparently has quite a Linux presence.  It
> may be too 'entry level' but Man would I love to have "Linux Admin"
> on my resume (with a real company not "John's Linux Junkies")  If it
> is entry level I will have to pass since i have a wife and kids and a
> new house to support!
>
> Keep the dream alive - software and the right to use it can be free!

yeah, BoA has a huge linux presence.  I buddy of mine moved down to
charlotte to be an oracle DBA (on linux),  started at 40k,  after 3
months he got promoted and bumped up to 80k.  I applied for a job way
back when down there, but ended up getting called back to work (twas a
few years ago).  If you're sharp enough you could always try to get
into IBM Global Services, as they are always looking for smart Linux
Admins (I'm one of them).  the only downer is you go in through an
outside consulting co. (pomeroy, CDI, etc) and for the first year the
pay ain't the most wonderful,  but once you stick it out long enough
things can get much nicer....

Dave J. Andruczyk