[nflug] Ticket Tracking / Helpdesk App / Time Tracking

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu Jul 27 09:38:42 EDT 2006

check out rt: request tracker, http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/. i've
never used it, we have a custom app here but i know from a few people
who to use it that it's really nice.

sugarCRM is more for customer resource management and i don't think it
will really lend itself well to what you're looking for.

try searching for 'helpdesk' on freshmeat.net.

Ronald Wechter wrote:
> All,
>
> Has anyone used a good opensource ticket tracking application?  My
> needs would be something that can accept incoming emails; accept
> manually inputted tickets; track the time spent on each issue along
> with all the steps of the issue; and finally something that can total
> the time spen total for a customer.
>
> SugarCRM is nice - You can track tasks and "bugs" but it does not
> have time tracking in it.
>
> Egroupware (Phpgroupware) - This is nice but the Ticket Trasking
> System (TTS) is not really integrated into the contacts section (ie:
> Cannot total all the issues open with a particular client).
>
> Zentrack - Not much experience but looking into its features.
>
> Suggestions would be great
>
> Ron

Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator