[nflug] Cups Print Server

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Wed Jul 26 21:14:38 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,

I saw JUST this problem when I needed to add my networked hp printer on Suse
9.3, 10 and 10.1. The issue at hand was that I needed to install, configure
and run the hp driver software first. So make certain that you have emerged
the hplip (for hp, please ignore the hpobj package as this is old and no
longer used for newer models), or whatever driver you need. If you are not
certain what driver you need, please see the totally awesome tables at:

<http://www.linuxprinting.org/>

If you are still having issues, please respond back with the version of CUPS
server, make and model of your printer, if the printer is local (If so how
is it connected) or networked, etc.

HTH,

Sam S.